Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Look Who's 30!

We celebrated Casey's milestone birthday on January 11!  I can't believe I have a child that is thirty!  If she's thirty, how old does that make me?  Well.......of course, twenty-nine!  :)

The evening of Casey's birthday, Jim and I met her and Anthony at Cottonwood, a new place on Shepard, for happy hour where she got a shocking surprise from Ryan and Cindy.  Since Ryan and Cindy were in Hawaii for their honeymoon and couldn't join us to celebrate, they opted for the next best thing, a singing telegram!  Jim and I already knew about it, so we played along.  I put on my best "shocked and worried" face and wondered aloud, "Should we call the manager?"  The pretext was: a "bag lady" comes into the bar and recognizes Casey as someone she used to work with at Panalpina before she got fired and became homeless.  And Casey is the reason she was fired!  Casey knew something was up when the woman started asking her about the soccer team she had played on in high school and various other things that she should not have know.  Casey took it good-naturedly and wasn't too mad after everyone sang Happy Birthday to her.  (Ryan and Cindy, you really got her!)


After HH, we went to Brenner's on the Bayou.  What a treat!  The food was delicious and the gardens are beautiful.  We had a wonderful time.  Happy Birthday, mi hija! 



Casey and the "bag lady"

Casey got a well needed laptop for her birthday!

Good lookin' couple

Birthday cake at Brenner's

Outside in the gardens

My little girl!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, that bag lady was EMBARRASSING!!! And hilarious =). That was a spectacular birthday dinner, and I'm so thankful you guys were able to stay in town and celebrate with me!! Had an awesome time that night!! Love you guys!!
    -Case

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were thrilled to be able to celebrate with you, my dear! Love you too, Case!
      Mom

      Delete