Wednesday, August 6, 2014

August Long Weekend 2014

We just had another long weekend here in sunny Alberta. I just love all of these Canadian holidays! We are trying to fit as much into the remaining summer as we can, hence the crazy-friend marathon weekend.

We started out the holiday playing golf with friends Al and Cathy at Stewart Creek in Canmore. The day was sunny and warm, perfect for a round of golf, and as an added bonus, Cathy and Al got special napkin origami lessons from Jim (you'll see in the pictures below). 

Saturday morning we had breakfast with my "home girl," Suzanne and her hubby Guy, before we drove to Kate and Lowy's ranch in Granum...... where we had quite the adventure. Lowy took us on a little drive through the land (15K acres) that Kate grew up on, beautiful rolling foot hills between highway 2 and 22 west of Granum. We drove about 10 miles into the ranch and then the truck fell into a culvert. We walked back to the highest peak and luckily Jim's cell phone had service. A neighbor came to our rescue, and pulled the truck out. We thought we were going to have to walk all the way back in our flip flops. Bad planning. Always wear shoes when going off-roading! Sunday we played more golf in Claresholm with Lowy and Kate, and then we drove back to Calgary. 

On Monday we had lunch with friends Doris and Ken and dinner with the owner of Jim's company, Rollie, and his wife, Barb. I need to go on a diet now more than ever!


Jim and Al showing good form

Candy, Al and Cathy on Stewart Creek Golf Course

Jim, me, Al and Cathy at Stewart Creek

Pretty impressive views from the golf course

Napkin origami at the 19th hole

And more napkin origami......

Lowy, Kate, me and Jim at their ranch.... where we fell in a hole

A view from the Ranchito's back deck

The farm where Kate grew up

The hole the truck fell in. It was much, much deeper than it looks!

Me and Lowy digging potatoes for dinner. 

Kate and me the next day at Claresholm Golf Course.





3 comments:

  1. So glad we made it into your crazy busy weekend... of course, it was just to eat, no exercising for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My God... I was able to comment!!! Can do it on my computer, not my iPad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm glad you can finally comment. I look forward to many more!

    ReplyDelete