Monday, October 29, 2012

OPA!

Have you ever wanted to break good dishes?  I mean just heave a plate across the room?  Well, I have!  I finally got my chance last weekend.  You're probably thinking the old gal has finally lost it, or more likely you're thinking, "Jim has finally driven Candy off the deep end."  No, no, nothing like that.  Here's a little background to the plate throwing episode.......Our good friends John and Marie Norgaard are moving to Vancouver.  Very sad for us. :(   We have really enjoyed spending time with them and their daughter McKenna since moving to Calgary.  They have embraced us with true Canadian friendship and we will not forget that!  I know good karma will follow them to Vancouver, and Jim and I won't be far behind.  Just kidding John and Marie!  We'll wait until at least next summer!  :)  Their daughter, McKenna, moved to Toronto in September to attend university.  Jim and I plan to visit McKenna whenever we are in her "neck of the woods."

Back to the plate throwing.....One of John and Marie's favorite places in Calgary is a Greek restaurant named "The Broken Plate."  I'll bet you're starting to get the picture.....Any way, we had the chance to celebrate Greek style one more time before John leaves for Vancouver.  The dinner was wonderful, and at the end of the meal, we all threw dinner plates into the fireplace and yelled "OPA!"  What fun!  (I promise never to do this if any of you invite me to your house for dinner.)  Marie is so thoughtful.  She gave me a lovely scarf to (in her words), "Help me endure my first winter in Calgary!"  What a sweetie!  Thanks, Marie!

Marie getting instruction from our waiter, Mr. Borat, on how to throw a plate.

John is still hungry.

Look ma, this is just like throwing a frisbee...

Singing Christmas Caroles?.....Nope, we're saying "OPA!"

Marie, John, and I outside the Broken Plate.  Notice the beautiful scarf that Marie gave me.

Dinner with the Norgaards this past summer.

Yours truly, Marie, and McKenna.




No comments:

Post a Comment